1. Which among the following is used in making liquors, medicines and as a fuel in aircrafts?
(A) Propyl alcohol
(B) Dimethyl alcohol
(C) Ethyl alcohol
(D) Methyl alcohol
2. Power alcohol is a mixture of 20% Alcohol and 80% petrol. 2. Ethane gas has a slightly ______ taste.
3. The Chemical formula of Urea is
4. Alkenes were earlier known as ______.
5. Decane has how many hydrogen atoms?
6. Carcinogenic chemicals cause
(A) Heart diseases
7. Aromatic hydrocarbons contain at least ____benzene like ring in their molecules.
8. Pentane has ____ structural isomers.
9. What is used to prevent freezing of fuel in space crafts ?
10. Which among the following is used to generate light, to weld metals?
(D) Oxalic acid
11. _________ gets converted to phosgene, when exposed to sunlight.
12. Who discovered benzene?
(A) Hal Anger
(B) Michael Faraday
(C) Bruce Ames
(D) Nicolas Appert
13. What is wood spirit?
(A) Methyl Alcohol
(B) Ethyl Alcohol
(C) Butyl Alcohol
(D) Propyl Alcohol
14. The compound that has least value for octane number is–
(B) 2-Methyl heptane
D) 2,2-dimethyl Hexane
15. Chloroform can be used as –
16. The process of conversion of sugar into Alcohol is known as–
17. Denatured spirit or denatured alcohol is mixed with–
18. The chief source of naphthalene is –
19. Formalin is an aqueous solution of –
(D) Nitric acid
20. Isomer of ethyl alcohol is –
(A) Dimethyl ether
(B) Diethyl ether
(D) Methylethyl ether.
21. Fermentation of starch gives –
22. Which one of the following is a Heterocyclic compound?
23. Bagasse is used in the manufacturing of–
24. Aluminium carbide (Al4C3) on hydrolysis gives–
25. Which of the following gas is used for the artificial ripening of Fruits? Or Which gas is used for th
artificial ripening of Green Fruits?
26. Ethanol containing 5% water is known as
(A) Rectified spirit
(B) Absolute alcohol
(C) dilute alcohol
(D) Power alchol
27. Which of the following is used as a test for aliphatic primary amines?
(A) Pollen’s test
(B) Fehling’s test
(C) Isocyanide test
(D) Azodye test
28. The gas that usually cause explosion in coal mines is–
(B) Carbon Monoxide
29. The temperature of oxy–acetylene flame is around–
30. The correct order of increasing basic strength in aqueous solutions is
(A) NH3 < CH3NH2 < (CH3) 2NH
(B) CH3NH2 < (CH3)NH < NH3
(C) CH3NH2 < NH3 < (CH3) 2NH
(D) (CH3)2NH < NH3< CH3NH2
31. Production of alcohol from organic compounds by micro-organism is known as–
(A) Anaerobic respiration
(B) Aerobic respiration
32. The pair of compounds used as anaesthetic in medicine is–
(A) Nitrous oxide, Chloroform
(B) Chloroform and Nitrogen Dioxide
(C) Nitrogen Dioxide and ether
(D) Ether and Ammonia
33. Which one of the following is the constituent of teargas?
34. Chemical name of Gammahexane is–
(D) Benzene Hexa Chloride
35. Which of the following known as ‘Marsh gas’?
36. What is Baeyer’s reagent?
(A) Bromine water
(B) Acidic Potassium Permanganate
(C) Hydrogen peroxide
(D) Alkaline Potassium Permanganate
37. Which one of the following reacts with Fehling’s solution?
38. The most extensive use of molasses after fermentation is to produce
39. Which organism is responsible for alcohol fermentation?
40. During fermentation of sugar, the compound which is always formed is
(A) Methyl Alcohol
(B) Ethyl Alcohol
(C) Acetic Acid
41. What are Aldehydes ?
(A) Mild oxidising agents
(B) Strong oxidising agents
(C) Strong reducing agents
(D) Mild reducing agents
42. A lcoho l obtained by the process of Saponification is –
(A) Ethyl alcohol
(B) Methyl alcohol
(C) Wood spirit
43. Which of the following is also known as Carbolic Acid?
(C) Sulphuric Acid