87. Standard 18 carat Gold sold in the Market is –
(A) 82 parts of gold and 18 parts of Metal
(B) 18 parts of gold and 82 parts other metal
(C) 18 parts gold and 6 parts other metal
(D) 9 parts gold and 15 parts other metal
88. Which one of the following is known as the brown coal?
89. Which one of the following is not a coal variety?
90. Which of the following elements behave chemically both as Metal and a Non-metal?
91. Which of the following metal has maximum electrical conductivity?
92. Illumination of Metal is caused by the –
(A) High density due to close packing of atoms
(B) Highly Polished
(C) Reflection of Light due to presence of free electrons
(D) Absorption of Light due to presence of sockets.
93. Heavy metals got their names because compared to others atoms they have
(A) Higher atomic mass
(B) Higher atomic radii
(C) Higher densities
(D) Higher atomic number
94. Which of the following is the most bad conductor?
95. Which metal is protected by the layer of its own oxide?
96. The ore of only two metals that are Non–Silver in colour, they are–
(A) Nickel and zinc
(B) Copper and gold
(C) Palladium and platinum
(D) Sodium and magnesium
97. The Soft Silvery Metallic element which ionizes easily when heated or exposed to Light and it present in atomic clocks is–
98. Which one of the following metals cannot be used as an electromagnet?
99. Quartz is a type of –
(A) Silicon dioxide
(B) Sodium silicate
(C) Aluminium oxide
(D) Magnesium carbonate
100. Which one of the following is used in Pencils?
101. In Graphite layers are held together by–
(A) Vander waal forces
(B) Metallic bond
(C) Ionic bond
(D) Covalent bond
102. Which one among the following is Lubricant?
103. Diamond is harder than Graphite because of–
(A) Difference of layers of atom
(B) Tetrahedral structure of diamond
(C) Difference of crystalline structure
(D) None of these
104. One carat of Diamond is equal to –
(A) 100 mg
(B) 150 mg
(C) 200 mg
(D) 250 mg
105. Which of the following property is generally found in non metals?
106. Fire-Fighting clothes are made from–
107. Fullerene is a newly discovered crystalline carbon allotrope, contains–
(A) 100 C atoms
(B) 80 C atoms
(C) 60 C atoms
(D) 40 C atoms
108. Chile saltpeter is the common name of–
(A) Potassium Nitrate
(B) Sodium Nitrate
(C) Sodium Nitrite
(D) Potassium Nitrite
109. Which among the following elements is a liquid at room temperature?
110. Wh ich among the fo llowing is white phosphorus?
111. Alkali metals can
(A) Be highly unstable at room temperature
(B) Vaporize at room temperature
(C) Easily gain electrons
(D) Easily lose electrons
112. Which among the following has the maximum density?
113. Who discovered Nitrogen?
114. Which of the following gases is present in the atmosphere can be detected by its odour ?
(B) Sulphur dioxide
(D) Carbon monoxide
115. If water smells bad, then that odour can be removed by adding
(C) Activated carbon
(D) Deactivated nitrogen
116. Which of these is not a macronutrient for Plants?
117. Which of the following elements has the lowest melting point?
118. Why metals conduct electricity ?
(A) Because of low melting point
(B) Because of high tensile strength
(C) Because of free electrons
(D) Because of high atomic density
119. Density of water is maximum at ______.
(A) 12 degree celsius
(B) 8 degree celsius
(C) 4 degree celsius
(D) 0 degree celsius
120. Which of the following elements has the lowest melting point?
121. Heavy water is_____.
(A) Monoterium oxide
(B) Polyterium oxide
(C) Deuterium oxide
(D) Trislum oxide
122. Solid carbon dioxide is known as ________.
(D) Dry ice
123. Who discovered Oxygen?
(A) Carl Scheele
1772 and Joseph Priestley in 1774 but Priestley is given priority because his work was published first, but it is
not given in options.
124. Which of the following gases is known as Laughing Gas”?
(A) Nitrous oxide
(B) Nitrogen peroxide
(D) Nitric oxide
125. Which of the following statement is false?
(A) Radon is obtained from the decay of radium.
(B) Helium is an inert gas
(C) Xenon is the most reactive among the rare gases
(D) The most abundant rare gas found in the atmosphere is Radon.
126. The Chemical formula of Cadmium nitrate is _____.
2 (B) CdNO3
128. Which of the following elements has the lowest melting point?
129. Barium loses ____ electrons to achieve noble gas electron configuration.
130. The common name of sodium tetraborate decahydrate is _____.
(A) Epsom salt
131. The Chemica l formu la of Ammonium dichromate is _____.
(A) (NH4) 2Cr2O7
132. Which gas among the following used as an anaesthetic?
(B) Carbon dioxide
(C) Nitrous oxide