55. Oxygen is a–
(A) Reducing agent
(B) Combustion nourishing
(C) Constituent of all gas
(D) Inflammable gas
56. Carbon monoxide is an inflammable gas which one of the following is also inflammable?
57. Select the incorrect statement regarding the carbon compounds –
(A) They have low melting and boiling Point
(B) Insoluble in water
(C) These are not easily combustible
(D) They mainly contain carbon and Hydrogen.
58. Chemical Name of common salt is–
(A) Sodium chloride
(B) Sodium nitrate
(C) Ammonium chloride
(D) Calcium chloride
59. Sodium chloride or Table salt occurs in nature as the mineral:
60. Sodium carbonate commonly known as–
(A) Baking soda
(B) Washing soda
(C) Caustic soda
(D) Caustic potash
61. Chemical formula of washing soda is–
62. The common name of sodium bicarbonate is _____.
(A) Baking soda
(D) Epsom salt
63. Chemical name of baking soda is–
(A) Sodium carbonate
(B) Sodium bicarbonate
(C) Sodium chloride
(D) Sodium nitrate
64. What is baking soda?
(A) Aluminium bicarbonat
(B) Sodium isolate
(C) Sodium bicarbonate
(D) Aluminium sulphate
65. Mortar is a mixture of water, sand –
(A) Slaked lime
(B) Quick Lime
(C) Lime Stone
66. Most commonly bleaching agent is –
(A) Carbon dioxide
D) Sodium Chloride
67. Helium gas is filled in the balloon instead of
Hydrogen because its–
(A) Lighter than Hydrogen
(B) More abundant than Hydrogen
(D) More stable
68. Why Helium gas used in balloons?
(A) Its atomic number is two
(B) Its Lighter than air
(C) It’s one of the constituents of water
(D) It’s a noble gas
69. A balloon filled with Helium rises in air because–
(A) Air exerts on upward force on the balloon.
(B) The balloon is weightless
(C) Helium is less dense than air
(D) Helium pushes down the air below the balloon.
70. Which gas is filled in balloons?
(C) Carbon dioxide
71. Which of the following Noble gas can forms compound?
72. The maximum density of water is at–
73. White Phosphorous is placed under the–
(B) Cold water
74. Commonly sodium is kept under the–
(D) Kerosene oil
75. Which of the following can be used as an anesthetic?
76. Dry powder fire extinguisher contains –
(B) Sand and sodium carbonate
(C) Sand and potassium carbonate
(D) Sand and sodium bicarbonate
77. No. of unpaired electron in inert gas is
78. Noble gas used in the treatment of cancer is–
79. Old oil painting becomes black due to the formation of–
80. Which of the follow ing is second most abundant element on the surface of sun beside Hydrogen?
81. What is Asbestos?
(A) Calcium magnesium silicate
(C) Calcium silicate
(D) Magnesium silicate
82. At room temperature, the metal that remains liquid is:
83. If the bullets could not be removed from gunshot injury of a man, it May cause poisoning by–
84. The ratio of pure gold in 18 carat gold is –
85. Purity of gold is expressed in terms of carat. Purest form of gold is–
(A) 24 Carat
(B) 99.6 Carat
(C) 91.6 Carat
(D) 22 Carat